From Batonnet and Julienne, to Brunoise and Chiffonade ! Classic French cuisine can be a challenging art, and mastering knife skills will certainly help you unlock some of its secrets.
In our three-hour Knife Skills class, enjoy the best of both worlds while you create a tasting menu by using fruits, vegetables and herbs to navigate the world of all things couteau!
After tasting the results, take home the confidence to comfortably slice and dice your way around the kitchen and impress your friends.
In this class you will learn and apply the following techniques:
· How to choose the correct knife for the right task
· How to correctly hold, clean and maintain the knife with a honing steel
· How to create classic French knife cuts, including: Batonnet, Chop, Julienne, Dice, Brunoise, Mince and Chiffonade
· How to use specific techniques to make it easier to cut different items from herbs to tough rinds
· How to peel produce using a knife
· How to combine knife cuts in delicious recipes
Please note that this class has a heavy focus on knife usage, and therefore is only appropriate for adult participation (ages 18 and above).
It does not include a sit down meal experience. You will eat samples along the way, but we suggest planning a light meal for before or after.
Spend the morning like the locals, with a typical Parisian experience. A full immersion in to French culture with a French Market Tour followed by a hands-on French Cooking Class right in the heart of Paris !
A perfect evening in Paris enjoying the splendor of the famous Île Saint-Louis. Visit the finest of French Boutiques, then enjoy a hands on cooking class followed by a 'diner à al Française' !
Tartelette au Chocolat et Tarte Tatin
In this class you will be learning the secrets to creating the perfect chocolat tarte and the classic French apple tarte!
Intensive everything Choux Pastry, from Savory to Sweet! From the tempting and delicious éclairs and Paris-Brest to delicate savory Gougères!