From Batonnet and Julienne, to Brunoise and Chiffonade ! Classic French cuisine can be a challenging art, mastering knife skills will certainly help you unlock some of its secrets.
In our three hour Knife Skills workshop, enjoy the best of both worlds while you create a tasting menu, by using fruits, vegetables and herbs to navigate the world of all things couteau! By the end of the class, you will master perfect cuts of julienne, batonnet, brunoise, and more! Finish off the experience with tasty French classic dishes to enjoy. Take back home the confidence to comfortably slice and dice your way around the kitchen and impress your friends.
In this class you will learn and apply the following techniques:
· How to choose the correct knife for the right task
· How to correctly hold, clean and maintain the knife with a honing steel
· How to create classic French knife cuts, including: Batonnet, Chop, Julienne, Dice, Brunoise, Mince and Chiffonade
· How to use specific techniques to make it easier to cut different items from herbs to tough rinds
· How to peel produce using a knife
· How to combine knife cuts into delicious recipes
Please note that this class has a heavy focus on knife usage, and therefore is only appropriate for adult participation (ages 18 and above).
It does not include a sit down meal experience. You will eat samples along the way, but we suggest planning a light meal for before or after.
From julienne to batonnet to brunoise ! You will navigate all things involving 'un couteau' from start to finish.
For the serious Macaron lover. Three hours of intensive Macaron time - we will tackle two types of classic macaron shells and four types of classic macaron fillings!
Au Menu :
Oeuf Cocotte aux Champignons, Mouillettes Aillées
(Baked egg ‘cocotte’ with mushrooms and garlic toast)
Magret de canard, Sauce à la Figue
(Duck 'Magret' breast with a fig sauce)
Ecrasé pomme de terre Espelette
(Potatoes with Espelette spiced pepper)
Dégustation de Fromages
(Tasting selection of fine French Fromage)
Pêche rôti façon Melba, Sablé Breton
(Roasted peaches with shortbread cookie)